RESEARCH REPORT



The reason I choose the Cellist is because I want to know more about the Cello pieces, performing and music theory stuff. However, Charlotte Moorman is not the one if you want to know about classical music :)


I'm very glad that I did my report on Charlotte Moorman, I comes to realize that one performing artist could be audacious, vixenish and crazy despite of her personality is conservative, quiet and elegant. Before this I always assume that one's art, the achievement of one's behavior, reflects their personality.

This is my first time reading one's biography because before I always find fictions much more interesting than biography. Why would I want to know about their personal life and private stuff, I'm not trying to copy her way to success! But now I realize by researching on you own using online journal, reading published books, looking at credited photos and watching videos can create personal connection between you and the artist rather than just read their achievement on wikipedia page(which is biased by some other scholar). 

Looking at the path she walks through, I know the friends I admire in conservatory is not as cool as I imagined. They are all human after all. From her childhood experience I get a more in-depth look of classical musicians as "starving artist".


评论

此博客中的热门博文

Welcome to the Jungle

Wake up.(One minute experimental video)

The sound track with the reflection